Saturday, May 7, 2011

cause and effect

.
The Gay Pride march is scheduled today. People will march down Main Street in support of an "alternative lifestyle" or a particular sexual persuasion or something. In our town, it's a bit like preaching to the choir since there is a pervasive background drumbeat that insists on an imagined 'tolerance.'

Given the intolerance that is on display in other places and other towns, I think it's a good idea to show the flag from time to time. Let those who wish to sing, sing. But since I don't care much who screws whom as long as it is not coercive, and since I don't care much if someone wants to subject themselves to nipple rings or turquoise hair ....

Well, the only interest I have in the Gay Pride march centers on finding a parking spot near where the peace picket gathers on Main Street. Walking is not my best thing these days, so I would like to be relatively close. I am afraid the throngs will snap up the parking spaces that otherwise might be plentiful.

Everyone has his or her own causes...and effects.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment