Wednesday, February 27, 2013

just add water

Beer drinkers in the U.S. have filed a $5 million lawsuit against distiller Anheuser-Busch, alleging the company watered down products like Budweiser and Michelob. The company denies the allegation.
The lawsuit alleged that the practice began after the American Anheuser-Busch merged with the Belgian-Brazilian InBev in 2008, to form the world's largest alcohol producer.
Having spent a couple of years on mainland Europe at a time when beer-drinking was a favorite personal activity, I long ago wondered how Americans put up with the cat piss that is labeled "beer" in my country.

Watered-down democracy, watered-down beer ... it's the bottom financial line that matters, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I hope we never have a democracy. Two wolves and a lamb voting on what is for dinner would have folks like you and me strung up if this country swings to far to the christian right.

    ReplyDelete