Wednesday, October 5, 2016

weird wonders


I can't pretend to understand, but I can enjoy my confusion, courtesy of The Guardian:




The Sydney-based photographer Robyn Stacey created these unusual images using a method of manipulating light – camera obscura – that dates back hundreds of years. By blacking out the windows of a room and allowing just a pinhole of light to enter, the outer world is projected on to the walls within – albeit upside down and back to front. Stacey’s works, which are on show at Stills Gallery in Paddington until 5 November, were created in a number of artists’ studios and residences around Australia. ‘It’s like being in your own private movie,’ she says of her walk-in creations

2 comments:

  1. So if you stepped into the room, you'd cast a shadow on the projection from the exterior?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't pretend to disagree, but I can enjoy my ignorance too.

    ReplyDelete