Tuesday, February 21, 2017

protest screening of "1984"

Passed along in email:
On April 4, 2017, almost 90 art house movie theatres across the country in 79 cities and in 34 states, plus one location in Canada, will be participating collectively in a National Event Day screening of the 80's movie "1984" starring John Hurt, who sadly died last month....A full list of theaters screening “1984” on April 4 can be found here.
almost 90 art house movie theatres across the country in 79 cities and in 34 states, plus one location in Canada, will be participating collectively in a NATIONAL EVENT DAY screening of the 80's movie 1984 starring John Hurt, who sadly died last month.

2 comments:

  1. I suppose we praise the movie because nobody reads anymore. The book was better. Books are always better. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Netanyahu just visited Singapore and left. It was like a nightmare to me. Why? My incumbent President is a Christian, my next President is a Muslim, good thing I ditched the Testaments in favour of agnosticism somewhat. Having nothing beats the living hell out of having a book. I am definitely not an atheist because I believe in the Buddha and Bodhi, but because of how dharma works, one moment I can be an ascetic the next moment my Indian Hindu neighbour just cooked me some mutton. If we take what is given, "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" to me because in most Vedic faiths because Jainism, Sikhism, Hinduism and Buddhism we agree to abstain from beef. Goodness gracious me.

    ReplyDelete