Wednesday, February 27, 2019

"if it's not funny, it ain't true"


Rarified incondibula
Berate the harridans’
Foremost fibula

But Oistrackh never
Hit the strings
That left me gasping
For diamond rings.

Sweet the tall redwood
Sweet the fern
It’s all enough
To make anyone say “dern!”

I guess this solemnified gibberish came to mind in connection with a line read in an internet Buddhist bulletin board a week or so ago: “My wife says that if it’s not funny, it’ ain’t true.”

Still looking for the truth.
It ain't either funny or fun.

Is there any room here for laughter?

1 comment:

  1. You’re too kind. You chose an example of gibberish, I’d have chosen a tragic incident.

    Still, in the back of my head I hear a famous Zen Koan, Case 6 in the Blue Cliff Record, “Every Day Is A Good Day.” How can this be possible?

    ReplyDelete