Tuesday, February 23, 2010

usefulness

.
Sometimes it wonders me (though I can also understand) that people would concern themselves too much with the 'right' this and the 'wrong' that, the 'correct' this and the 'incorrect' that.

I know it feels good and perhaps supportive and less lonely -- the correct Buddhism, the incorrect ethics, the right carpentry, the wrong turn on the highway.

But, looking things over, I think it probably makes better sense simply to use what is useful and discard what is not. What others do and think and say may be instructive and helpful -- or it may be confining or despicable -- but still, isn't it the usefulness that proves itself worthy in thought, word and deed?

Usefulness just seems to me to make better sense than praise and blame.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment