Sunday, February 28, 2010

weekends

.
Do Chinese people have weekends -- times off from work that appear at regular intervals? I imagine they do, but I don't know.

And I don't know what the customs are in other parts of the world either.

Maybe there are people who do not pay attention to such schedules, who just work when it's time to work and rest when it's time to rest, with no real distinctions between the two: Work is not "harder" or "worse" and rest is not "easier" and "better."

I wondered about this when I read a comment saying that the person writing it felt that getting up at 6 a.m. was "cruel and unusual punishment." I imagine he was half kidding and half serious. Six in the morning doesn't sound especially early to me, but then, I have kids and besides have always been a 'morning person.'

"Early?" "Late?" "Better?" "Worse?" I'm not interested in making some federal case, some Buddhist case, out of it. But is it true? A schedule is possible, but does that make it true? A judgment is possible, but does that make it true?

Just a little gum-chewing.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment