Sunday, December 26, 2010

grinchy

.
The day after Christmas and the house that was already overflowing with stuff is now overflowing-er. Today is likely to be a day of Stuff hangovers. Bleah.

Well, the zendo heat is on and perhaps a little zazen will help sweep the floors, although the fellow who said he would come today (and I thought might kick my ass into gear) emailed his regrets and said he would come next Sunday. I'll take my Grinch out there and let him do the kicking.

Watched a large chunk of the movie "Avatar" yesterday with my son. I can see why it didn't win an Academy Award: Lots of imaginative background and special effects, but basically it was a cowboys and Indians movie ... only this time the Indians won and the characters were not that interesting, even if they did have tails. Maybe today we can watch one of the several old movies I got my older son for Christmas -- "Schindler's List," "A Man for All Seasons," "Paths of Glory" and "The Parallax View."

Somehow -- perhaps because of my own crabby disposition today -- I can imagine Europeans chortling a little because the same kind of snowfall that has snarled air and land traffic in their neck of the woods is promised for this part of the colonies... 10-15 inches.

Gotta get to the market early ... stock up ... hunker down ... and be grateful for the wood stove.
.

1 comment:

  1. i found an old movie selling at my neighbourhood rental shop, it's Memphis Belle, a yesteryear production about B17 flying fortress during the WWII days. Haven't been watching yesteryear stuff for a while, but there's always one that made a difference for me.

    ordinary men doing heroic stuffs, always sound a dream to me.

    r

    ReplyDelete