Thursday, December 29, 2011

pancakes for breakfast

.
I promised my younger son pancakes for breakfast before his track meet today at the other end of the state. I got up at five and delivered ... pancakes and a tall glass of orange juice. But as I cooked them, I realized that I really wasn't very good at making pancakes -- they were irregularly browned and a couple of the edges positively singed. They weren't inedible, but they were ... well ... mediocre.

How do you screw up pancakes, for heaven's sake?! It seems as unlikely as screwing up a wet dream.

I suppose it's like anything else: What looks simple and delicious is simply delicious right up to the moment anyone actually tries to do it. Religion, pancakes ... same shit, different day.

Pancakes could learn a thing or two from wet dreams.

Religion too, come to that.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment