Thursday, August 9, 2012

the apex of unspeakable cruelty

.
Just about the time I think that human beings have reached the apex of unspeakable cruelty, something else comes along to remind me that there is no apex, only wishful thinking.

The following is lifted from Bill Lindsey's Bilgrimage Blog:

A father [wrote] to his son James after James has told his father he's gay:

I hope your telephone call was not to receive my blessing for the degrading of your lifestyle. I have fond memories of our times together, but that is all in the past. 
Don’t expect any further conversations with me. No communications at all. I will not come to visit, nor do I want you in my house.  . . .  
Goodbye, Dad

I could ramble on and on with social and spiritual observations but it seems to me there are times when it is better to just let the pain speak for itself.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment