Tuesday, February 3, 2015

the authority game

This morning, in email, I was greeted by Albert Einstein and his observation,
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
The observation was appended to a blog post and served as a jumping-off point for rumination... a good hook that lodged itself with me as well.

How I have disliked authority and its often-twisted and manipulative wiles. No doubt others have too ... battling the uphill battle that culminates, sometimes with terrifying simplicity, in the fact that you are the boss and as such are responsible. After what may be a lifetime of carping, suddenly the dime drops and, yes, there is no other authority.

It really does take some getting used to, but facts, in the end, are easier than fictions.

1 comment:

  1. Finding i was unsuited to employment, i became a handyman and my own boss. I worked for the only asshole i could stand, and only took on customers i liked.

    ReplyDelete