Sunday, December 24, 2017

my upscale daughter, the forklift operator

I love it.
I love it.
I love it.

My daughter, a management maven who recently returned from a weekend seminar run by ex-Navy-SEALs in San Diego -- a seminar that included the option of rising a 4 to do pre-classroom calisthenics; I encouraged her to do them; and she texted me with no further explanation after the event, "I threw up twice!" -- has added a new accomplishment to her, ahem, curriculum vitae: She is now well on her way to receiving her license to operate a forklift.

Does this have any practical application to her upwardly-mobile management job? "None," she told me this morning, "but I knew you'd like it." Her low-key explanation for "why?" was simply, "I like to learn."

Made my fucking day! Is there anything that beats "random acts of kindness" better than "random acts that have no practical application?"

Best Christmas present ever!

2 comments:

  1. Being upwardly mobile in a cut throat world, it's good to have a skill... just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just received two awards from United Nations as a supporter this quarter. Phew.

    ReplyDelete