Saturday, July 14, 2018

real-life art or is it real-art life?

Mix 'n' match -- Fun stuff.



































Since April, Michael Thibault has been mixing contemporary photography with classic paintings on his Instagram account Art Frame Design. It all started with a Van Gogh: “I positioned it on a fashion portrait,” explains Thibault, “but I still had the feeling something was missing, so I added a frame and adjusted the lights and colours. I posted it on Instagram and this first piece was appreciated... so I made others.” The sales manager from north-eastern France has so far created almost 100 images, featuring work by, among others, Leonardo, Modigliani and Frida Kahlo. “Some of my creations are more surreal than others. My favourites are the ones where the adjustments are done simply and everything comes together – the ones that seem obvious.”

No comments:

Post a Comment