Monday, March 25, 2019

a sociopaths' duet

Yesterday, for the first time in a long time, I did not lay a glove or finger tip on the computer.

Somewhat to my surprise, I didn't disappear or melt.

People still seem to be talking faster than necessary -- or is that simply my mind refusing to keep up? -- but after my daughter's explaining the up-and-coming marijuana legalization .... well, smoke a little and the world apparently slows down a bit.

I lolled on the couch, watching bits and pieces of sports and movies I have seen before, and basically meandered the day away. Each time I thought I could hear computer whines from the corner, somehow I just never made it over to tender words of consolation.

The beginnings of a quasi-poem came to mind, but then sank like one of those water bottles whose pastic dots our pristine shores. Poetry/schmoetry.

Benjamin Netanyahu appears to be in town, nuzzling up to Trump who seems to have ducked the bullet of a Robert Mueller investigation ... and meantime casting a few bombs on Gaza as Netanyahu tries to sidestep a difficult re-election bid. Netanyahu and Trump ... what a political ticket. The Sociopaths' Duet.

1 comment:

  1. Quite strange. Reminds me of people who brag about not watching television.

    You’re worthy of a Gold Star Sticker.

    ReplyDelete