Wednesday, February 14, 2018

lullabies




This morning I have a case of what might be called squishy-mind, a realm in which everything seeks out respite and devolves -- everything, from A to Z -- into lullabies.

Yes, I am interested in passing that Israeli police have suggested that Benjamin Netanyahu should be indicted for bribery (and wondering why someone might not do the same for Donald Trump.) And yes, I am interested in passing that Kuwait has offered $2 billion +/- to help rebuild Iraq and Saudi Arabia has pledged $1.5 billion ... and Turkey ponied up $5 billion ... all in the face of America's mess and all falling short of the $88 billion Iraq says it needs ... these are important matters, but I am in squishy mode ... unable to process and digest what is important and resorting to...

Lullabies. If everything is perfect and soft and smoother than a still pond, lullabies seem to speak most volubly, though, of course, speaking is redundant.

I don't want to think. I want to loll ... or perhaps "demand to loll" is better.

Lullabies like this one perhaps....

News has too much information for me today. Too much and strangely, not enough.

Lullabies have enough.

2 comments:

  1. Lost interest, lost memory, I just stand on the notion that the affairs of the world are no longer my affairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose one can indulge in Squishy Mind, or shake it off, or explore & investigate it, or visit a neurologist, or visit a psychiatrist or a psychologist, or ....

    In the meantime, open a window and have a cup of strong tea or a cup of good coffee.

    Just don't forget it's Valentine's Day. A good day for a certain amount and kind of squishiness. ;-)

    AS

    PS My go to for lullabies is Mozart:
    Try this one https://youtu.be/AdOTX1IYCZc

    ReplyDelete