Monday, March 14, 2011

email Triscuits

.
Email snacks provided by others this morning included:

COPING WITH ONE’S MISTAKES
Shunryu Suzuki Roshi said, “Being a Zen master means coping with one’s mistakes.” Indeed, and it’s a pretty lonely position. If you confess to your errors, some of the good students will go away. If you don’t, you yourself will go away. I don’t wonder at the alcoholism found occasionally in sacred halls."
And then, in response to the 'perfect country song' I sent to a Jewish friend, there was a version (tender hearts may wish to skip this one) of “They Ain’t Making Jews Like Jesus Anymore”

I had half expected a second tongue-lashing from my old economics-prof friend Barney after I sent him a graphic liberal wail  about "what class war looks like." Last night Barney wrote back at some length describing the sloppy and inflammatory nature of the graph. Funny how, liberal or conservative, things look different when examined closely. I responded by saying I had sent it to him a bit tongue in cheek, knowing it would get a rise out of someone versed in economics, but also wondering why, when economics involves someone creating something that someone else finds valuable, we don't have more wars. War is such a profitable business. I thought perhaps Barney might treat me to another tongue-lashing, but this morning, there was nothing. 

Anyway, those were my email Triscuits for the morning.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment