Sunday, March 6, 2011

unanswered questions

.
Sometimes whispering, sometimes screaming, the question arises, "Why do they not acknowledge me, applaud me, agree with me, love me, see my point of view, anoint me, or offer to be the sort of friends I would like to have?"

And the corollary question sometimes goes unasked: "Why do I not acknowledge me, applaud me, agree with me, love me, see my point of view, anoint me, or offer to be the sort of friend I would like to have?" This question goes unasked because there is an assumption that I am already my good and nourishing friend.

Buddhists might say there is no abiding self to be friends with, but such a statement, while true, doesn't diminish the barbed force with which the question can be asked.

Anyway, without getting all touchy-feely, I think these are good questions, questions worth considering, questions worth investigating. Soothsayers and other saps may offer cozy answers, but those who actually investigate may be lucky enough to find out what no soothsayer could transmit.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment