Wednesday, July 10, 2013

in the arms of comfort

I don't know about anyone else, but when someone asks for comfort, I am inclined to give it to the best of my ability. True, I have learned over time to draw the line at those who are addicted -- broken-record fashion -- to asking for comfort, but in general ... well, I like to help if I can.

Is there anyone standing on two feet who does not ask for comfort? I doubt it. Never mind the glossy names like "compassion" or "altruism" or even "tough love" that are sometimes affixed. A little comforting now and then ... well, count me in.

The caring mother calls out to her injured child, "Come here and let me kiss it better." And the child rushes to its mother's arms ... and the mother kisses the wounded knee or elbow ... and, by God, it is better.

Comfort.

It really is worth keeping an eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment