Saturday, May 10, 2014

graduation


 Today is ushered in with grey skies and falling rain. Today, my older son, Angus, will be graduated/will graduate from Keene State College, having completed well what I never accomplished at all. He has chosen computers as a field of interest. Whether that field continues to hold water ... well, no one can know.

My son will leave college with a lot of student debt, a fact that is simply a fact and yet embarrasses me ... how I wish I could have saved him that burden. Education is not well-enough regarded in my country to facilitate the training that will improve the nation without regard to station or financial resources.

The ceremony is to be held outdoors, rain or shine, because there is no venue at the college big enough to accommodate the crowd.

Graduation from college ... how the hell did that ever happen, the old man asks.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you and to your son, Adam. Now onward and upward to the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete