Friday, April 22, 2016

people talk too fast

Is it just because I'm an old fart or is it actually true?

People these days talk too fast.

I notice it on the TV business and other news shows where limited amounts of time/space are clearly in play. But I notice it elsewhere as well -- people talking fast as if, were they not to do so, the import and impact of what they had to say might somehow be dissipated.

This Twitter-approach to speaking has the opposite of its intended effect on me: I can't hear anything because there's too much of everything else standing in the way.

Oh well, it's probably an old-fart thing.

1 comment:

  1. I think so. I don't catch enthusiasm like i used to. And i've noticed that fighters punch faster than they used to, or faster than i can follow.

    ReplyDelete