Saturday, September 3, 2016

what a success

Just noodling ....

One of the surest ways of guaranteeing success is to lower the bar for success. It's a technique much in use by politicians but is hardly limited to their self-serving ends: Hooray -- the graduation rates rise at a beleaguered high school. But can the kids read? Or think?

If I claim to be a success, as long as I'm not robbing someone too egregiously, well ... who gives a damn? Let the games and the myths begin! I was once in Russia for three weeks ... therefore I know about Russia. I met and talked with Isaac Asimov ... therefore I know something about science. I was in the army for three years ... blah, blah, blah.

I know the paint will cover in one coat because the label says so.

Lord, lord....

2 comments:

  1. BRIDGES FOR SALE! GET YER FRESH BRIDGES HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Father, Who art in heaven
    Hallowed be Thy Name;
    Thy kingdom come,
    Thy will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread,
    and forgive us our trespasses,
    as we forgive those who trespass against us;
    and lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil. Amen.

    ReplyDelete