Saturday, May 20, 2017

seeking Trump impeachment

In a political season marked by livid constituents railing at their representatives during town hall meetings, an event on Saturday in Houston was positively mellow by comparison. But then, the topic was not a divisive issue such as healthcare. It was the impeachment of Donald Trump.

The meeting was held by Al Green, a 69-year-old Democratic Houston congressman who took office in 2005 and is typically softly-spoken and understated. Not on Wednesday, though, when he became the first member of Congress to take to the floor and ask for the president’s impeachment....
Green denied he is grandstanding: “It surely wasn’t because I expected a big parade, it was simply because I understand the constitution, I understand that this is an injustice and I firmly believe that this is about democracy not Democrats, it’s about the republic not Republicans, I firmly believe that you cannot allow anyone to be above the law.”

1 comment:

  1. Nixon: Well, when the president does it, that means it is not illegal.

    Oh, good times! I miss that guy.

    ReplyDelete