Monday, April 1, 2019

the sacredness of life

Georgia appears to be the latest among American states to pass a bill that would ban abortions once a fetal heartbeat had been detected, typically at about 20 weeks.

Often such efforts and bills are based in the assertion that life -- and especially human life -- is sacred.
Garfunkel and Oates

I guess I would credit a "sanctity of life" argument more fully if those espousing it would lay out the ways (specifically) in which they might care for and nourish that sanctity. Otherwise the argument is left to founder in the religio-pompous dust.

And I am sorry ... the first thing into my head is this marvelously-produced anti-fucking satire. (Achtung! This video may not be for the thin of skin).

Me, I love their wickedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment