Saturday, February 5, 2011

ban on farting?

.
As if there were not enough difficulties to go around, Malawi is busy debating whether a new law prohibits farting in public. There doesn't seem to be any discussion yet about whether mufflers or fart-catchers will be mandated and it is hard not to pity the poor police chiefs who might be assigned to enforce the would-be law.

Do SBD's (silent but deadlies) count?
What happens to the poor man or woman who is wrongly accused simply because s/he was in proximity to Mr. King Kong Fart?
What means are suggested for quelling this public nuisance?
What constitutes courtroom proof?

It's only envisioned as a misdemeanor, but even that seems a bit much.
.

8 comments:

  1. Boy, that's a stinker of a law if I ever heard (or smelled one)

    Years ago one of my karate students asked why we burn incense in the zendo...I told him it's to cover up the farts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...it is hard not to pity the poor police chiefs who might be assigned to enforce the would-be law."

    Haha! Oh, that's easy...

    "He who smelt it, dealt it!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Boy, that's a stinker of a law if I ever heard (or smelled one)"

    And that is a stinker of a pun, David!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They out to go to the source, outlaw the beans...beans the musical fruit , the more you eat the more you toot, the more you toot , the better you feel , then you're ready for another meal.( I know beans aren't a fruit but it makes the song work)Also the usage of toot rather than fart is lame also but I'll digress...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch out Genkaku! This thread may soon become your SECOND most popular one...

    "... it is hard not to pity the poor police chiefs who might be assigned to enforce the would-be law."

    They could go check out ARTY's place:

    Arty Farty had a party,
    Everyone was there.
    Inky Dinky laid a stinky,
    And they all went out for air!


    Oh, the comic relief of second grade bathroom humor...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The older I get the more firmly convinced I become that I never graduated from third grade...all this stuff still leaves me giggling.

    When my daughter was little and I made up bedtime stories for her, one of her favorites and mine was "How the Purple Fart Got His Smell."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh do tell I want to hear the story :)Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aspartame Boy was here

    ReplyDelete