Saturday, April 2, 2011

joke for those who are aging

.
Received in email:

Will I Live to see 80?
 
Here's something  to think about.
 
I recently picked a new primary care doctor.  After
two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was  doing
'fairly well' for my age. (I just turned  sixty-something.)
 
A little concerned about that comment, I  couldn't
resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be  80?'
 
He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard  liquor?
 
'Oh no,' I replied.  'I'm not doing drugs,  either!'
 
Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued  ribs?
 
I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that
all red  meat is very unhealthy!'
 
'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun,  like playing
golf, boating, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?'
 
'No,  I don't,' I said.
 
He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or  have
lots of sex?'
 
'No,' I said...
 
He looked at me and  said,.. 
 
'Then, why do you even give a shit?
 

3 comments:

  1. Let's face it doctors are always party poopers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A man goes to the doctor for a check-up and the doctor says: "I've got some bad news. From now on, no more booze, women or smoking. Also you'll have to start exercising a lot more." The crestfallen man asks: "Does that mean I'll live longer?" The doctor replies: "No, but it will at least seem like it."

    ReplyDelete