Monday, February 27, 2012

uncharitable habit

.
It is probably uncharitable, and perhaps it is just a function of age, but I am sick to death of people who base their statements on what other people say. I don't give a shit what Jesus said or Buddha said or Gandhi said or scripture said or the law said or the school teacher said or your mother said ... I will listen to what YOU say.

If someone says, "I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster," I am willing to listen. If they then say they LIKE the arguments made by the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster Society, I will listen. But if they can do no better than to say the Flying Spaghetti Monster's reality is proven because the society says so ... well, stick it where the sun don't shine!

As I say, it's probably uncharitable to balk at all the embalming and comforting adduced evidence, since the habit sometimes seems to be ubiquitous, Gawd! it is tiring ... and unconvincing into the bargain.

What the fuck is the matter with what you say since you are saying it in the first place? Maybe it's right, maybe it's wrong ... who cares? ... but I get crabby when people insist on lying... re-lying on others.

Maybe I'll be more charitable in another incarnation.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment