Thursday, July 28, 2011

baseball bats

.
The debt-ceiling debacle-debate in Washington tick-tocks along. There is death in Afghanistan and profound hunger in Somalia has led to fighting in an effort to assure some relief to the hungry and dying. And there are other compelling news stories with serious ramifications worth attention today. Why Russia, a country that trimmed its number of time zones from 11 to 9 in 2010, receives no daily attention is a marvel of modern news reporting in my book.

But for all that, one of the few stories that took me from start to finish today was the tale of baseball bats and the debate over aluminum and wood as a medium for expressing the game. I don't care much about baseball (though my son plays), but somehow the story was important in my mind.

Probably a sign of advancing senility.
.

1 comment:

  1. I am very sad!
    No wait ...
    More like. "I am very sad ..."
    I am speaking to you.
    I have been banned from MAP and they do not allow me back. I want to talk about the post that happened in Oslo. Or am I banned for the same reason as that terrorist was banned for? ... I don't want bad treatment. Because by my honour, i was defending my honour. These guys are not God, and only God can tell us what to do. Do you know that girl from MAP? And the ones who aided her? They spoke they had nothing to do with God and banned me. ... Why is it so that I am banned for believing in God! What have i done wrong! Is it so that I am so much better that I make the earth shine compared by the others? Who suck? Do I really deserve all this? I want better treatment. I have done my share and more than just it. I want peace. I am really a good guy, and I need to talk to someone. ... But then I return to say. That some of us are bound to tear of this skin so that others may be able to keep it on. These guys, they should be respected! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete