Sunday, July 3, 2011

wildlife

.
By the dawn's early light around here, squirrels, looking a bit like foxes because their tails are so bushy, and a single rabbit either stood stock still or loped or skittered among the mourning doves and robins looking for food.

The rabbit, which appeared careful and shy, sat unmoving in the street as I looked out from the porch. I have seen rabbits before, but I have only seen them one at a time, alone and always approximately the same size. This experience has gone on for far too many years for it to be the same rabbit. I would have thought I'd see more, based on the rabbit's reputation as an avid propagator. Where are this rabbit's kin and why do they not travel together from time to time?

Whatever, it's nice to see all these friends.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment