Friday, July 29, 2011

conclusions

.
Reading an essay on prime numbers this morning, it occurred to me how hard-wired human beings seem to be when it comes to conclusions, explanations, and meanings. Little and large, selfish or selfless, scientific or resting on belief ... there are conclusions that inform intention and subsequent action. It's nothing fancy, though its examples may be endlessly complex.

If I want to make dinner tonight, there is a conclusive need to go to the supermarket.
If I want to defeat an enemy, there are imperative scenarios to create and consider.
If I want a job, I must consider stirring my stumps and factor in what job makes sense according to my skills.
If I want to be happy, I need to consider various proposed formats -- whether personal or philosophical or religious -- and then act according to my conclusions.

Because the search for meaning and explanation and the formulation of conclusions is so salt-common, it's not a very interesting topic.

But it crossed my mind (conclusion-fashion?) when reading about prime numbers that any conclusion the does not rest in kindness and clarity is a conclusion worthy of deep skepticism ... and probably worthy of dismissing. This conclusion is not a Boy-Scout nostrum, something to encourage others to make nice. It's just the only outcome I can see that can assure some peace and happiness.

This conclusion too is pretty boring since it's not something one person can transmit to another or teach another. It's a conclusion that everyone has to come up with all by themselves ... or not.

Kindness and clarity is the only possibility ... possibly. Can I prove it? No. Do I want to? No. Could I be wrong? Yes. Do I care? No.

Kindness and clarity make like-it-or-lump-it sense to me. Any other conclusion falls on its face.

But that's just my conclusion and conclusions are a dime a dozen.
.

2 comments:

  1. People look for meaning in the meaningless, purpose in the purposeless and distraction in the midst of needful acts. And yet, somehow they claim to be bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Olcharlie.

    I guess, you don't have to believe in the other conclutions aside from your own conclution. But Allah says that you can't really ignore Islam when it has been preached to you. Either way Islam is offering unity and peace, although it uses violence. Right now, muslims seems like they are not doing good. ... Where are the good people? Do you know what? There will come a time, when Allahs servants (Muslims and believers) will serve these good people that do not believe in the goodness they don't believe in.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete