Wednesday, June 30, 2010

zazen weather

.
Woke this morning with the babbling delight of a teenager in love: I had slept, really slept, eight hours. After five or six previous nights of sleep deprivation based on various body aches and pains, it was like dying and going to heaven. The key seemed to be a sleeping pill the doctor was willing to give me in the face of my complaints. And, while I have come to hate pills and their implications, still I woke this morning and basked in it all, not caring the source, just basking in the result.

A brisk and beautiful day and a woman I had been forced (aches and pains) to put off on Sunday for zazen is coming this morning for a little meditation sitting.

Good zazen weather.
.

2 comments:

  1. As I have gotten older I don't think there is anything better than a good nights sleep..well maybe that's an exaggeration. For me the day after a sleep-less night is guaranteed to be one of anxiety, practice is nigh impossible, nerves are raw and defenses are on high alert. I too have learned begrudgingly that half a sleeping pill is the only remedy as two sleepless nights back to back are intolerable and the family would gladly accept "Dick" Cheney at the table than me!..well maybe thats another exageration!
    The Bard put it so well:
    Sleep that knits up the ravell'd sleeve of care,
    The death of each day's life,
    sore labour's bath,
    Balm of hurt minds,
    great nature's second course,
    Chief nourisher in life's feast,--

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to getting old.
    I find it facinating to have experience and knowledge that young ones does not have.

    Altough i am young. What shall i do with the energy i have wihtout knowledge of how to manage it?

    ReplyDelete