Sunday, March 3, 2013

religion as a charade

To my mind, religion is just a charade.

I do not say this with the toe-tapping smugness of a rampant atheist or the link-by-link thoughtfulness of a humanist on the loose.

I just think religion is a charade.

A charade is partly defined as "an empty or deceptive act or pretense." It is, in part or in whole, a falsehood.

But falsehoods are falsehoods as relating to something that is true ... or at any rate is considered true.

And if that is so, I think it might fairly be asked, "Of what truth is religion a charade?"

Or maybe such thinking is just begging an unanswerable question... or just plain dumb.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, agreed about religion.

    Here, I elaborate a bit:

    http://theconsciousprocess.wordpress.com/2012/11/08/religion/

    ReplyDelete