Wednesday, November 3, 2010

the habit of spamming

.
With an eye towards the old adage, "If someone tells you it's free, grab your wallet!" I think I will let my internet spam folder fill up a bit and assess the number of uninvited emails that assert affection or trust as a means of parting me from my money without providing any concrete return.

What a poor, if common, habit ... leading a spam life ... all saddle and no horse.

I always was pretty naive about bullshit ... my own, first and foremost.

PS. From 730a to 230p, the following tantalizing subject-lines arrived unbidden:

In good faith
WHAT?? iPhones for under $20?? It's true
Revista lliaster 19 de la Iglesia Gnostica
Easy, Hassle-Free Life Insurance From Fidelity Life Associates
VERIZON WIRELESS EXCLUSIVE PHONES OFFER!
Find a job as a Certified Nursing Assistant in Your Area!
See Photos of Other Singles in Your Area at Match
DirectBuy ... FREE VISITOR'S PASS ALERT!
Dear Sir/Madam Please read
Darlin ! :))
Request from Dave's Wife, Julie
Thank you
.

No comments:

Post a Comment