Saturday, February 24, 2018

the holes between the cheese

Waking up, it is harder of late to get from here to here.

Some say, "My mind is like a Swiss cheese" and I am sympathetic. But did you ever notice that such words take their savor from the substance called "cheese?"

Of late, increasingly, I feel that the substance comes from the holes between the cheese parts. How is anyone to find their footing in the empty places? Is there any "there" there?

The holes between the cheese. No doubt there is "something," but what it is lurks outside my latter-day capacities. So I drink coffee, smoke a cigarette and wait for "here" to come back here.

2 comments:

  1. I think here is dependable. It's me that's not able to be attentive to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... on the other hand a neurology consult might be preferrable to 1950 cure-all’s, nicotine and caffeine.

    ReplyDelete