Sunday, May 9, 2010

electronic book

.
With the help of an internet wizard -- or I should say with the internet wizard doing all of the heavy lifting and me trotting along by her side -- the book got uploaded to an e-book site. This means that those more savvy than I can now read it on the Kindle-like gizmos.

I guess this is not entirely true: The book, "Answer Your Love Letters: Footnotes to a Zen Practice" has been uploaded, but will take several weeks to reach the destinations that distribute such things.

But in the meantime, I have to offer my prostrated thanks to Julia for getting things as far as they got. She was an exemplar of patience and good spirit as I made correction after correction ... and whined about one thing or another.

The ebook has added a few chapters that do not appear in the paper-paged version I tucked in a chapter on being "finished with the eternal" and another about "Clerical
Sex Scandals" because I thought both were warranted. Then to, a short chapter entitled "On Vulture Peak" and another, "One Last Reminder." To be honest, I don't know if I will get around to adding those chapters to the paper-paged version ... it's pricier than what the checkbook will allow at the moment. Anyway, the ebook is cheaper by half.

Although it hasn't reached the distributors yet and I'm not sure when it will, here is as far as the ebook has come.

I find it hard to believe this form of reading is the wave of the future, but a lot of people seem to think so...including Google, the supreme god of the internet.

But the main point of this entry is to say thanks to Julia. I'd offer her my first born by way of payment, but since she already has a first-born, she'd probably see my offer in the debit column.
.

1 comment:

  1. You are most welcome, Adam. It was fun working with you...no, really. :) And remember, you always patiently listen to my crap till your ears hurt, so it was the least I could do. Best wishes with the e-book.

    ReplyDelete