Monday, May 3, 2010

gastronomy

.
What with one son's track meet and the other son's baseball game, there won't be much if any time to cook supper, so I busied myself making a casserole and some brownies this morning.

The casserole took a little doing since there were several ingredients ... not complicated, just a little time-consuming ... a time during which I couldn't help thinking ...

Yes, I'll plead guilty ... your grandmother and mine were correct when they expounded the ancient wisdom:

THE WAY TO A MAN'S HEART IS THROUGH HIS STOMACH.
.

2 comments:

  1. Agree, and yet also - are you saying I am a man? :P

    PS Got any recipes?
    PPS I've been hearing about those brownies for years now so when are you going to send some over? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just use off-the-shelf box-mixes to which I add a little baking cocoa and some bitter-sweet chocolate morsels. Just because the box says "chocolate" doesn't mean it really is chocolate ... so I give it a little help.

    ReplyDelete