Saturday, September 3, 2011

gay men, lesbians encouraged to wed

.
A rabbi in Israel has come up with a way for homosexual men and women to follow the Orthodox Jewish dicta of procreation ... pair off the lesbians and gay males.

The suggestion purely blows my mind... overlaying a religious rule on top of human beings who are everywhere and always more interesting and complex than the philosophical and emotional bouquets they display. The situation reminds me of the woman comedian who did a quite funny riff using the repeated punch line, "What the fuck's the matter with you"?!"

I suppose my surprise is rooted in the presumption that the Jewish tradition places a lot of emphasis on the intellect and that therefore rabbis were somehow less prone to idiocy.

Oh well, I guess even rabbis have to make a living.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment