Matt, my sister-in-law's son, was killed in a car accident yesterday.
He is not someone I knew well, but I know and like his parents.
Just like that ... Matt is dead.
My sons, Matt's cousins, are alive.
Matt was 23.
An unspeakable knife in the heart.
Joining the majority.
1. Everyone must die...ReplyDelete
2. The remainder of our life span is decreasing continually.
3. Death will come regardless of whether or not we have made time to practice the dharma.
4. Human life expectancy is uncertain.
5. There are many causes of death.
6. The human Body is very fragile.
7. Our wealth cannot help us.
8. Our loved ones cannot help.
9. Our body cannot help.
The other day my son was almost hit by a car as we biked to school; a friend's son is recovering from coma after being hit by a car crossing the road...ReplyDelete
Boys are so beautifully carefree. They don't realize that we all live within a hair's breadth.
If my son were killed in a car accident, I don't know how I would go on.
So very sorry.ReplyDelete
Sincere condolences to your sister-in-law and her family.
So sorry about your family's loss, especially at such a young age.ReplyDelete