Friday, March 13, 2015

break all the mirrors

Strange how, once you start dissecting the particulars of any given group or movement, things are no longer either as assured or pleasant as originally portrayed.

Islamic State is no exception:
Fearing [Mosul, Iraq] might simply empty of civilians, or that fleeing residents may join the fight against them, the Islamic State extremists are imposing tough measures to prevent people from leaving their territory.
And the unwillingness to look in the mirror is hardly limited to groups or movements. Your group or philosophy may be nuts from my point of view, but my group or philosophy remains gilded and serene. It's as if the vampires had ordered all mirrors destroyed and the order was carried out.

Who is not an exceptionalist?

2 comments:

  1. If taking exception to the mailman is good enough for my dog, it's good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a new film called The glitch. I have no ide of what its all about, but it sounds like a good move. Its an independet one.
      I am not going to see it

      Delete