Friday, March 6, 2015

my mother's legacy


I am still coping with the bureaucratic fallout from my mother's death on Jan. 11. Among the things to be computed and dealt with are the goods in her New York City apartment. And among those things -- which were kindly photographed and shipped to me here in Northampton -- were various reviews and articles and other paperwork from her writer's life as Helen Eustis.

And one that caught my eye, not least for the headline that came from the late 1940's, was this:





"Girl author ...."

How time flies!










1 comment:

  1. My favorite is "you hit like a girl". Times having changed, i'd urge anyone who thinks this way to check out Ronda Rousey...

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/06/ronda-rousey-100-percent-men_n_6816204.html

    Time does fly, but mostly in circles if you remember the tales of the amazon women.

    http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/amazon-women-there-any-truth-behind-myth-180950188/?no-ist

    ReplyDelete