Wednesday, May 1, 2013

elevated and mundane

Beer and bagels and cream cheese and vacuuming and scrubbing the upstairs bathroom and paying the rent ...

My daughter and her husband are coming tonight and there are chores that need doing before their arrival.

Time that I might otherwise spend writing -- something I can do without breaking a physical sweat and seem to take 'seriously' -- needs to be devoted to mundane, practical stuff that I have less energy and will to perform.

Funny how the most elevated and 'important' pastimes are invariably brought to heel by the unanointed and mundane.

You might think that at my age, I would have learned to lay off anointing things or categorizing them as mundane.

I thought you were supposed to get smarter as you got older.

Well, there's a piece of nonsense!

No comments:

Post a Comment