Tuesday, October 2, 2018

a four-day work week

The New Zealand company behind a landmark trial of a four-day working week has declared it a success and will be adopting the new schedule full time.
Almost 250 staff at Perpetual Guardian, a company which manages trusts, wills and estate planning, trialled a four-day working week over March and April this year, working four eight-hour days but getting paid for five.
I used to think California was the place to look for the next social revision. Now I wonder if that place is not New Zealand.

I also wonder if this potential sigh of relief doesn't bring with it an unseen danger: It's not easy, not-working.

2 comments:

  1. The blogger page says I'm signed in, but this page says I'm not. Also don't understand why a white bio page pops up every time I click on this page. Oh well, google likes me as little as I like them.

    olcharlie

    ReplyDelete