Wednesday, September 2, 2015

"the scientific method"

One of the hallmarks of "the scientific method" is that the results of a particular bit of research can be reproduced. Assuming those results can be reproduced, the research receives the scientific stamp of approval... and, by extension, we call all agree more or less that something is scientifically true and not just some new and approved bit of high-voltage opinion or belief.

This morning, I wonder about reproducing stuff.

Is that possible?

Superficially, sure -- but really?

An odd realm.

2 comments:

  1. I daily reproduce a pot of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then continence supposedly matter each day we drink one. This morning somebody helped me with one instead, usually I make it personally. I give thanks.

      Delete