Monday, December 24, 2012

I'm sure ... I think

Since, give or take a little, I already know what I think or believe, you might think I would be enthralled to learn what somebody else knew or believed... no need to rechew what I have already, give or take a little, chewed.

But this hardly seems to be the case. Instead, conversation is more often laced with the old male-blaming joke, "But enough about me. Let's talk about what you think about me." Or, more subtly, there is some attempt to get you to agree with me ... although, give or take a little, I already agree with myself.

It's a peculiar stew ... enough to make anyone wonder how much of what they know or believe is actually what they know or believe. If the fershur stuff requires someone else's complicity, how fershur could it possibly be?

One thing's fershur: When I try to nail down what's fershur in my life, it doesn't seem to be so fershur at all. And that too hardly seems to be fershur.

Does any of this matter?

I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment