Saturday, June 2, 2018

old-fart adventures

Spent the better part of the morning and early afternoon with what can only be described as old-fart adventures -- to wit, getting a computer tech to unravel Google Chrome from this computer (I'm not a game addict) and replacing the most up-to-date version of Solitaire with an older, slower, more visible and less-ad-strewn version.

Am I exhausted? Of course, but then damn near anything wears me out these days. Somewhere I read that 20 percent of the body's energy goes into thinking, when it occurs. If true (and I am skeptical of that sort of quantification), it accounts for the drowsies that overtake me after a reading or writing session that is followed almost immediately by a feeling I have actually done some work ... when clearly, based on the five senses, I have accomplished precisely squat.

The twinkling lights dim down and with them flow the energies of consciousness. Shiiieeet!

I'd love to say I would spend the rest of the day chopping some ancient oak out on the back-40, but it's not true. Time for a nap.

So it goes.

1 comment:

  1. It took three of us two hours to put a band on the balls of a feeder calf to turn it into a steer. We got it done and nobody was hurt. But we spent the rest of the day recovering and declared the next day for only the lightest most needful chores.

    ReplyDelete