Tuesday, January 30, 2018

a magnetic caveat for the oxygen-starved

An Indian man died after being sucked into an MRI machine while visiting a relative at a hospital in Mumbai, police said Monday.
Rajesh Maru, 32, was yanked towards the machine by its magnetic force after he entered the room carrying an oxygen cylinder, the city’s police said in a statement....
MRI, or magnetic resonance imaging, machines use a powerful magnetic field to produce images of the body’s organs. Objects containing ferrous metals are pulled towards it and must not be carried into the room. -- Agence France-Presse


  1. Oh man! How sad...

    What a Trifecta of screw-ups! There's Ignorance, there's Negligence, and there's Greed:

    "The state government of Maharashtra, of which Mumbai is the capital, announced compensation of 500,000 rupees ($7,870) for the victim’s family." - from the same article