Saturday, March 31, 2018

God's belly button

For all the effort the Roman Catholic Church has put into disenfranchising women over the years, still the Michelangelo painting in the Sistine Chapel (I mean, this guy's credible, right?) of God creating Adam stands in sharp disagreement, unless my eyes do me wrong. A real rebuke.

Cheer up, ladies, and notice the fact (as I see the picture) that God has ... wait for it ... a belly button. And there isn't anyone with a belly button who was ever born from anything but a woman.

Who's got the nerve to say that Michelangelo -- or what I imagine was a very attentive circle of clerical critics who kept an eye on his endeavors -- fucked up ... if indeed he or they did fuck up.

And if God has a belly button, the question needs to be asked, "Who's your daddy ... or mommy either?"

I've asked this question before, but it popped into my head again today. Put me down for repetitiveness. Actually, a friend in Mexico pointed it out in the long ago and far away. Whoever asked it, I figure the question is still good for another flogging.

1 comment:

  1. It's denied these days. But. I believe it used to be understood that Jehovah was born of Anna.

    ReplyDelete